Sunday, June 25, 2006

Around The World In 80 Beers


Its Sunday morning here in lovely Calgary, the sun is shining, and life is good. I was sitting outside seeking inspiration for something to post about. I have no end of pointless subjects that I could choose from. I have 50 years of world experience, so I have seen lots of really good stuff!

When you combine Jans experience we top the 100 year mark! Hell, a lot of stuff happens in a hundred years.

Normally I like to post about things that have some roots in the technology world, although my definition of high tech probably differs from most peoples. Anyway, I have decided to go "off topic" and start a brand new project.

I have been a beer drinker since I was knee high to a grasshopper, so I am going to write about my favorite 80 beers. I have a feeling that this project could take a while.

I feel eminently qualified for this project as I actually grew up in a pub, my parents owned 'The Hare' in a small Oxfordshire village called West Hendred.



What a way to grow up! Although I have not even been on the same continent as "The Hare" in over a decade, and not lived there in three decades, these pictures are brand new. Through some Internet perseverance I managed to get hold of someone that still lives in the village, and they kindly took the photos for me.

So, hang on to your beer glasses, we are going to circle the globe in 80 beers!

Cheers!

No comments: