Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Alices Adventures In Interview Land

The one thing that you can guarantee in the world of reviewing and interviewing is that you have absolutely no idea what is going to happen next. Yesterday was a fine example, two unrelated but very interesting things happened.

For the first time, I was on the receiving end of a grilling! A while back I sent off for a review copy of an Indian influenced band. Indian as in sub-continent, not as in indigenous people. I also discovered that they were slated to play a gig here in Calgary, so I decided to go for press credentials and an interview. In for a penny, in for a pound, is my motto (that's an English saying by the way). This group has the worlds most complex PR setup, with different reps dealing with different parts of the world! Anyway, as a result of this complexity I am now the proud owner of two complementary CD's of their latest creation, and another CD that came from god knows where. I have an interview scheduled for 'after' the concert, and quite honestly this is all in my version of the 'Distant Future', it is at least 2 weeks from now!

You can imagine my surprise when last night I received a phone call from the local sponsor. I am still not exactly sure what he wanted, but we had a nice chat for the best part of an hour! I can only assume that he wanted to talk to the guy that he was giving two $50 tickets to. I think he was pretty happy though when I talked him through a couple of Google News searches and showed him my #1 articles! hahaha maybe free tix is not such a bad deal.

No comments: