Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Perils Of Reviewing

For the most part I really enjoy the reviewing game, whats not to love about free stuff, and getting to talk with the occasional famous person? In fact even if they are not famous it is usually fun. I can only think of one interview that went 'south' and that believe it or not was with a Professor of Communications from the University of Calgary, the guy could barely manage to mumble monosyllabic answers!

OK, now onto the downside. I do a lot of reviews, and seeing as to how I don't get paid for most of them I like to pick and choose what I tackle. Unfortunately once your name gets known, stuff just arrives. Often with absolutly no information about who sent it. The indy movie world are the worst offenders, with indy music being a close second.

Oh well, I guess it's just the way it works!

No comments: