Monday, June 18, 2007

A Busy Day.....

I hate Mondays at the best of times, and today was no exception. The first thing that happened this morning was my wife noticed a comment that was left on one of my reviews. While it was not quite a DCMA take down notice, it was obviously headed in that direction. As far as reviews go I am very above board, people send me stuff, and I review said stuff. It's really clear cut, I don't sell the stuff, I don't buy the stuff, I just review the stuff!

Well it turns out that some stuff that I received from the distributor is bootlegged! And the Artist involved is pretty ticked over it. And his wife (who is his manager was even more ticked). So a good portion of the morning got devoted to dealing with this less than attractive situation. The good news though is that the Moore clan (Sam and Joyce) turned out to be good sports and what started out as being potentially a bad scene turned out to have a silver lining, an interview about the problem. I'll have this up on BNN tomorrow. Oh and if you don't know who Sam Moore is do a Google on him, he is one of the most significant figures in the soul world for the past 50 years.

My trusty researcher and wife Jan managed to unearth all sorts of good interview questions, so this is going to be a great article.

This evening we took in a movie. I made the fundamental and not to be repeated mistake of not going to the real press screening, this was a sponsored screening, the one that radio stations, newspapers, and other MSM outlets run pointless contests to give away tickets. So instead of the usual 'count on the fingers of hand' local press, there were a stinking mob! I will not be doing that again anytime soon! Oh, the movie was fine, actually very good 'A Mighty Heart' will do well this weekend when it opens. I'd tell you more about it, but I am sworn to 'reviewing secrets' till it opens on Friday!

No comments: