Friday, August 25, 2006

F'ing Television!

Here is an interesting fact. (well it might not be that interesting, but I like it, and this is my blog, so I am going to tell you anyway).

TV has had a long history of not allowing that little four letter word that begins with 'F' and ends with 'K'.

I have long been a believer that censorship is a bad thing, generally speaking censorship is a self defeating measure, if you tell someone that they 'Cannot do something' and make a great big deal about it, people will do it!

It was 10pm the other night, Jan and I had just watched the end of 'lethal weapon', and Jan was talking about how they had butchered the audio, there was nary a F**K in the whole movie. In the original there are 8 Gazillion.

We switched over to the 'Food Channel', it was showing a program staring my good buddy Gordon Ramsey. It took less than a minute for him to say "F**k off you fucking w@nker".
So, my advice is, if you don't like coarse language watch the violent movies, if you do like coarse language, the 'Food Channel' is the bet bet.

1 comment:

Life in the 80's said...

hahaha. This guy is on here in the UK at about 9pm couple of times a week.

He cracks me up!