Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) A La Simon

People spend god knows how much money on getting their web sites to be top of the google list when someone searches for something. It's always cool when your web site comes up first.

There is a whole industry that has emerged to improve web site rankings inside search engines, and from what I can gather people pay big bucks for this service.

I discovered that when I did a search for "Axe Head" beer, my blog was the top ranked site, beating out even the biotech company that manufactures Axe Head.

You know you have arrived when ya got number one ranking on a Google search!

Of course you probably have figured out this already, I spent $zero to get this great ranking!

2 comments:

Life in the 80's said...

haha. I know how it feels. If you search for 80s Mr Frosty I also come number 1 on google. This actually cost me £0.00. In actual fact, I did that post from work, so in effect actually got paid. Great.

Anonymous said...

It's almost as good as a show about nothing(ie Sienfeld) the ratings went through the roof!
Karl