Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Adventures In Reviewing

Jan and I went off to watch a press screening of a movie that is hitting the theaters next week. What an adventure, I can honestly say that this was the first time I have set foot inside a theater in 10 years. The one that we went to is one of those that are more like an airport than a theater. I think it has something like 14 screens. You need a damn moving walkway to navigate this place. Oh, and it even sells beer, I view that as very civilized.

The movie was supposed to start at 10am, and we got there about 20 Min's early. The first problem was the front doors were locked. Of course I am not going to be dissuaded that easily. A bit of scouting around and I found a back door that was unlocked. Unfortunately the only living person I could locate was a guy painting some doors, and his knowledge of screenings was less than zero.

Eventually we did track down the 'man', I was absolutely amazed, no one asked us who we were, or which media organization we were with, no one could have cared less. But I guess the theory is that if we knew it was happening, we must be legit.

So about half a dozen of us got to watch the movie, we also chatted with a guy that is on one of the local TV stations.

No comments: