Thursday, May 17, 2007

One Year Old

Man, it's hard to believe that it has been a year that I have been writing on here. A year ago I set this up with absolutely no clue what I was going to do with it, and the news is.... I still have no clue!

I was looking at the stats, so far I have 250 articles, and over 11,000 people have visited (my advice to them is--- Go Get A Life! hahahahaha).

Of course the big question is, what have I done in the last year? Hell if I know is the answer! Well I did build a few whacked out computers, the Beer Box, The Plastic Canvas PC, and the Pizza Box, to name a few.

My interest in hardware got dulled slightly when I moved into the lofty world of book reviewing, I think that got started in earnest around late December. I just did a quick scout around and it looks like I have about 40 book reviews to my credit, and almost as many author interviews! So that averages out at about 2 books a week! My record was an eyeball straining 5 books in 7 days. Reviewing is a hard biz to break into, but when you do it is like a frieght train going downhill with no brakes.

Of course who can stop at books? It wasn't long before I ventured into other media, music, video, and movies. Once again this started off as a mere trickle, just getting the occasional CD from artists I liked, and a couple of 'screener' DVD's for soon to be released movies (mainly Indie stuff), before long tho, the trickle turned into a full fledged tsunami, with 12 DVD's arriving in the space of 3 days. This was as a result of one of the big distributors liking my reviews and deciding that from here on in I should just automatically get everything they release. And that is approximately a release per day!

No comments: