Monday, January 01, 2007

Hangover? Not Me!


It is 6am on January 1st, 2007, and I don't have a hangover. In fact I have a beer in my hand. I know that you want to know my secret, well it's easy. I went to bed at about 8pm. Jan woke me up just prior to the year change, I gave her a kiss, and then I went back to bed!

It was a busy day yesterday. The city of Calgary was introducing another stupid law, as of midnight it was going to be illegal to smoke in a bar. My 'protest' to this obviously communist sponsored piece of idiocy was to go smoke my last cigarette in a bar.

Jan was not quite as enthusiastic in my protest, but she played along. One of our old hangouts is a dive bar downtown. In fact it is where we went after we got married (I know how to show a gal a good time).

The bar opens at 10:00am and we were there a few minutes later.

Jan wanted to know what the hell we were doing in a bar at breakfast time. I sometimes wonder about my bride. I explained to her that New Years Eve is amatuer day. All the amatuer drunks go out. They get all f'd up and either vomit all over the bar or go crash their cars after 2 drinks. Being a more professional drinker I think its better to have your fun by noon before the idiots hit the streets.

Needless to say by 2pm there was no pain being felt by either of us!

2 comments:

prince said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simon Barrett said...

another f'ing spammer....

i hate em!

and prince, I will track you down!