Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Career Ending Move?


This could be the end of my not quite career as a movie reviewer. To get free copies of unreleased movies you obviously need the goodwill of the studios and publicists. In other words, you stroke them, and they stroke you. Panning a movie is OK when you have lots of sources, or you are very well known in the industry. Panning a movie when you are just starting out is an entirely different thing. Alas I am guilty as charged!

I suspect that it will be a cold day in hell that this publicist will send me another movie to review. In my defence, I will say this, Idol was the worst movie that I have ever seen. Wild drug crazed Budweiser Clydesdale's could not drag me into a theatre to watch it!
It took 3 abortive attempts with the home DVD player to suffer through this travesty in movie making.
Oh, if you want to read what I said, you can find the review here.

No comments: