Sunday, September 03, 2006

Stupid Internet Tricks

I guess this is another entry in the "way too much time on their hands" category.

In October of 2005 AOL bought a blogging company called Weblogs Inc, although the exact amount was not disclosed the hot rumour was that the final cost was between $25 and $40 million dollars. Based on the fact that Weblogs Inc had been in business for only 2 years I would say thats a prety good return on investment.

Anyway, someone with way too much time on their hands did an analysis of all of the blogs that were hosted and how popular they were. Using this data it is possible to 'estimate' what any given blog is worth!

Enjoy.


My blog is worth $2,258.16.
How much is your blog worth?



Anyone want to buy my blog? hahahahahahahaha

6 comments:

GollyGumDrops said...

So each new post is a contribution to your pension plan?

Simon Barrett said...

I am not sure thats how it works, but what the hell! It all helps.

ROSAMARIA said...

Mine's worth $0.00!!! :|

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, how did you figure out how much your blog was worth?
Mine must be into negative numbers!

Life in the 80's said...

Good One! My blog is worth precicesly $2 less than yours, so if we were to swap blogs I'd owe you $2!! hahaha. Oh shit i have just realised i do actually owe you $4 for your beer fund :-/

Simon Barrett said...

Manny, as I said in the post they did an analysis of the blogs that AOL bought. And they used that as a benchmark.

Personally I think my blog is not worth a case of Lucky Extra, but WTF. hahahahaha