Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Week In Review(s)

I can honestly say it has been a very slow week. I don't know if Canada Post has gone on a Go Slow, but I find it hard to beleive that they could move packages any slower than they already do! I went days without any mail at all, and what I did get I didn't like, damn bills!


The reviewing world did improve towards the end of the week, I have two books that look pretty interesting. Through the Eyes of a Survivor by Collette Waddell chronicles the experiences of a family through the second world war. It's a bit of a hefty read at almost 500 pages, but I am sure that I will enjoy it.


I also received the Scatterlings of Africa by Peter Davies which deals with the problems that Rhodesia faced in the early 1970's. A country that was facing a real crisis, the white minority in control was under intense international pressure to change the blatently unfair treatment of the native population. This was slavery by any name! Again, I think this will be a great read.


The apex of the reviewing week happened yesterday. A big Fed-Ex truck dropped off a fairly heavy package. Alas, the cab to take us to the shopping mall arrived before I could explore it. It was the new cookery book put out by Webber. If you are a BBQ guy (or Gal) this is a must have. I am not sure what they are actually going to be selling in the stores, but I got a boxed set, complete with a CD that has some great photos of food! Life is good.

No comments: