Sunday, July 01, 2007

Canada Day (AKA July 1)

In order to take full advantage of a day off, Jan made me get up at 4am! I value my sleep time, but I live in fear of Jan, so I got up. I was still sleepy, and trying to wake up, but she would have none of it, and forced me to drink beer. Now don't get me wrong, I love this woman, but to be forced to drink beer before the sun comes up, well I was shocked!


(Oh, and I am pretty certain that I'll be up for a good beating when she reads this)


Against my better judgement we headed downtown to take in a concert that my friend Dan's roommate's daughter was appearing in. Yup, I know that sounds odd, but that's what we did. Luck was on our side, and I discovered that we were 2 hours early. Jan and I decided that this would be a good opportunity to renew our wedding vows, yup, we went to the Regis and had a cocktail.


I hate crowds, and crowds were what we faced as we battled our way to Princes Island. Well we got there, and found NO chairs, and NO beer. I was happy to stay, but Jan was insistent that 'no f'ing way were we doing this'! She can be quite convincing at times.


So skillfully avoiding what was shaping up to be a horrible Sunday we set off for home. And what waited for us? Outside our door was a large cardboard box. Now I know that most people are not scared of cardboard boxes, and rightly so. The average cardboard box will not hurt you. The cardboard boxes I receive have a tendency of having 'stuff' inside them. And sure enough this one was brimming with 'Stuff'. Another 19 DVD's and CD's for our listening pleasure!


I am sure that the regular 'Joe' would think this is just great. Free stuff. Well it is great, except for one eensy weensy problem, I have to review them all!

I did the only sensible thing, I got a beer and pretended nothing was wrong! hahahahaha

3 comments:

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Do they have AA in CA? Beer for breakfast, I am shocked and awed. Well, shocked anyway. Okay, so it's not that unusual.

Lazy Bastard ehh? I'll have you know that my parents were duly married.

I've linked to your blogsite on the link list over at Saipanuvian Speaks.

Thanks, Simon, for linking to the Saipanuvian.

BB

Happy Canada Day !!!!

Anonymous said...

He sure loves to make me look like the bad guy. I am a Cajun, I can't be that bad ya know!!!

Anonymous said...

ur comment about the hindu temple was rude, i was surprised why someone should post something so rude ! then when i went to your home page i got the answer- the picture of a REDNECK ALBERTAN WHITE RACIST,what else can one expect froma blogger like you!