Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Manda Bala

I get the strangest stuff for review, but it's likely my fault because generally it is me that asks for it. Manda Bala is opening in New York on the 17th, and other cities the next week. Oh, it's a movie, well actually it is a documentary, all about corruption in Brazil, and according to this movie there is lots of it.

Manda Bala won two big awards at the Sundance Festival, so I knew it would be good, and I was not disappointed. I am not sure when they want the review to go live, so I can't tell you too much about it. I deal with Sony, and a couple of other big studios and they will castrate you with a blunt butter knife if you publish before the day it streets!

Keep an eye out for this one, it is disturbing to say the least, and apparently it has been banned in Brazil! Generally the only reason people want to ban something is to prevent embarresment...

No comments: